Congratulations on your new life together! You have 31 days from the date of the life event to make any benefits changes. Benefits will become effective immediately after election. Here is a checklist of things to do to help your benefits support you as your new life together starts.
- Update your qualified benefit plans
- Add your spouse and make any other changes to your qualified benefit plans.
- Remember, adding your spouse or domestic partner’s information does not automatically enroll them in benefits.
- Review your beneficiary information
- Updating your Life Insurance and other supplemental coverage (Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Fixed Indemnity, Accident coverage)
- Life Insurance and supplemental coverage can create financial protection for you and your family.
- Reviewing your financial planning options
- Consider enrolling in or updating your retirement plans.
GET HELP FROM BenefitSimply
Benefits can be confusing and overwhelming. Our Benefits Concierge is here to help you Mon–Fri 9am–5pm ET